The Council is seeking a long-term partner to work with it to fund, develop, operate and manage Better Queensway. In terms of development potential, initial analysis suggests that the following could be delivered:
- Residential - 1,300 units and above, subject to planning
- Associated ancillary retail, public realm and amenity space
- Highway Improvements
- The site is divided by the Queensway highway, a dual carriageway with a grade separated roundabout above. The Council is seeking the development to address this site division in the design of the new scheme and associated works to the Queensway highway. To illustrate this the Council has developed an indicative highways scheme. Bidders will be required to develop their own scheme during the procurement.
- Housing Infrastructure Fund (HIF)
- The Council has been successful in securing one of the two largest allocations of £15m from the Housing Infrastructure Fund (HIF), a national grant programme for new physical infrastructure targeted at unlocking housing sites. This funding is to be used to part fund the Queensway highways works and needs to be drawn down by the end of March 2021